Arthroscopy for other knee ailments
What are other knee conditions that may require arthroscopic surgery?
- Recurrent patellar dislocation (MPFL reconstruction) MPFL-Medial patello-femoral ligament
- Acute patellar dislocation – to either fix or remove loose osteo-chondral fragments
- Patellar chondromalacia – softening of cartilage which lines knee cap
- Osteochondritis Dissecans – bone under cartilage has poor blood supply, hence gets separated forming loose bodies, which can then block knee movement.
- Cartilage restorative procedures
- Autologous chondrocyte implantation(ACI)
- OATS (Osteochondral autograft transfer system)